Whats new for Medicare in 2013?
Are you aware of the benefits of turning 65? Once you reach that golden age you are eligible for all sort of benefits and discounts. Most of these discount will save you money in the long run especially if coordinated them correctly. Combined with discounts that merchants give senior citizens you can generate big savings with coupons and other things. That holds true with your health care coverage as well. As you may know, once you turn 65 you are automatically enrolled in traditional Medicare. In addition to this valuable coverage once you are enrolled in Medicare you then become eligible for another type of coverage called Senior Health insurance or Medigap Plans as it is otherwise known as. Let’s take a look at this Medigap coverage and see the benefits that come from it.
Traditional Medicare comes in two parts, Part A and Part B. Medicare Part A will help offset the cost of approved services and procedures such as emergency services, hospitalizations and nursing care facilities. Medicare Part B will help offset the cost of items such as doctor fees, outpatient services and medical equipment. One of the differences between the two is that Part B comes with a monthly premium that is made payable through a private insurance carrier while Part A has no fee. As was stated before, Medicare will cover approved services and procedures at 80% of charges leaving you with the remaining 20%. That is where Medigap senior health insurance comes into play. Once you turn 65 and are enrolled in both Medicare Part A and B you are eligible for Medigap coverage. MEDIGAP INSURANCE will cover your 20% portion of billed approved services and procedures at 100%. So for a minimal monthly premium payment you are insured at 100%. The important thing to remember is that you must enroll during the open enrollment phase to receive guaranteed coverage. If done during this time frame, even if you are in poor health you will not have to go through the Medigap medical underwriting process.
Go ahead and take advantage of the discounts and benefits that your 65th birthday brings. Get the peace of mind in knowing that when you turn 65 you will have the Medigap insurance coverage in place that will help offset your medical care with just one small monthly premium payment. Call your MEDIGAP insurance agent today to get the process started.
Toll FREE 1-800-MEDIGAP Supplemental Insurance Services.
Grab your Guide to 800 MEDIGAP in a blog post-friendly size.
RETIREMENT TIP #74:
A place of no return, where there is no rush, no scream, no hustle and no pain…the world which is supposed to be only yours.
For more information on Medigap call toll free 1-800-MEDIGAP or look for the Medigap Mannear you.
With so many options I am glad to have seen 1-800-MEDIGAP on TV !
I talked to several people, and even had one to my house (BIG MISTAKE) and none of them gave me as many options as Jennifer did. The process was easy, and she even had my husband get on the line to make sure we both fully understood the difference between a MEDIGAP policy and a Medicare Advantage Plan. Once we decided we wanted to go with a medigap plan, we called Jen back and she walked us through many options based on our budget and needs, to find the perfect plan for us. Jen was great, and I even told my friend Ruby, and she to called Jennifer for help with her Medigap Insurance. Thanks again 1-800-MEDIGAP !